Cashier - Short Pump
- - Short Pump
- Henrico, VA, USA
- Full-Time and Part-Time
The Cashier position is responsible for maintaining guest service as per company standard, is responsible for the efficient expedition of all guest transactions, as well as ensuring satisfaction at the service desk and proper control of all cash and media materials.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ensure that each guest receives outstanding guest service by providing a guest friendly environment which includes greeting and acknowledging every guest, maintaining outstanding standards, and all other components of guest service.
- Process guest returns, exchanges, merchandise credits, check authorization, charge sends, rain checks and discretion discounts (i.e. employee sales, back room discount, etc.); assures the completion of all POS transactions and the proper control of all cash and media at the POS registers according to company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for assisting in training of new cashiers.
- Responsible for assisting in the preparation of daily deposits, change, and media; does not have access to safe combinations and managers keys.
- Ensures Compliance with company policies, procedures, and practices; and supports Company loss prevention efforts.
- Assists in providing guest service, housekeeping, and maintenance of front-end supplies.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Organizational Skills.
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
This job operates in a professional upscale retail sales environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as POS registers, phones, photocopiers, time clocks, and filing cabinets/systems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling and stooping all day. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
A full-time position requires a minimum of 30 hours per week, availability Sunday through Saturday, morning through evening hours. Holiday work may be required as Store Hours/Schedule demand.
A part-time position (less than 30 hours per week) requires availability Sunday through Saturday, morning through evening hours. Holiday work may be required as Store Hours/Schedule demand. The most common schedule is evenings and weekends, but other schedules or times may be available.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Experience working in a customer service environment.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Cashier experience working in a customer service environment.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
Work Authorizations/Security Clearance
Position requires successfully passing a Background Check which will include a Criminal History Check and a Credit Report.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.