Sales Associate - Short Pump
- - Short Pump
- Henrico, VA, USA
- Full-Time, Part-Time, and Seasonal
The Sales Associate position is responsible for maintaining guest service, generating sales, merchandising, housekeeping, signing, pricing, and loss prevention in adherence to all company policies/store standards.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ensure that each guest receives outstanding guest service by providing a guest friendly environment, including greeting and acknowledging every guest, maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge, and all other components of guest service.
- Maintain an awareness of all product information, merchandise promotions, test merchandise, and advertisements/sales.
- Retrieve customers merchandise requests from stockroom, accurately and efficiently complete all sales transactions, re-box and return unsold merchandise to proper place in stockroom.
- Assist in floor moves, merchandising, display maintenance, and store housekeeping.
- Assist in processing and replenishing merchandise; participate in receiving and monitoring floor stock, and assist with stockroom moves.
- Ensures Compliance with company policies, procedures, and practices; and supports Company loss prevention efforts.
- Communicates requests to management as appropriate.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Organizational Skills.
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
This job operates in a professional upscale retail sales environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as POS registers, computers, phones, photocopiers, time clocks, and filing cabinets/systems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, climbing, kneeling, and stooping all day. The employee must be able to climb ladders, lift, carry, and move merchandise. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
A full-time position requires a minimum of 30 hours per week, availability Sunday through Saturday, morning through evening hours. Holiday work may be required as Store Hours/Schedule demand.
A part-time position (less than 30 hours per week) requires availability Sunday through Saturday, morning through evening hours. Holiday work may be required as Store Hours/Schedule demand. The most common schedule is evenings and weekends, but other schedules or times may be available.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Experience working in a customer service environment.
Preferred Education and Experience
- 1-3 years of sales experience working in a customer service environment.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
Work Authorizations/Security Clearance
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.